This popcorn is pretty tasty but I find it quite difficult to get it crisp once you pour the syrup on. I tried heating it in the grill which worked to an extent but what probably didn’t help is that I didn’t have the willpower or patience to wait for the chocolate to set. The amount of each ingredient is fairly flexible but here is a list of what I used in case you want a few guidelines. Enjoy!
Honey and White Chocolate Popcorn
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 50g Popcorn Kernels
- 2 tbsp Honey
- A row of White Chocolate
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- Put one kernel in and put the lid on. Wait until it pops so you know the pan is at the right temperature and add the rest of the kernels. Put the lid back on and keep moving the pan until all the kernels have popped. You know they are finished when there is about a 10 second gap between each pop. Transfer your popcorn into a bowl.
- Melt the honey slightly either in the microwave or in a saucepan and stir into the popcorn.
- Put the popcorn under the grill on a low temperature for a couple of minutes until it crisps up. Be careful not to burn it at this stage.
- Melt the white chocolate over a bain marie and drizzle over the top.